Saturday, December 15, 2012

MEN IN BLACK III



This past week I took a trip to Detriot with a short lay over in Philly. I scrolled through my ipad and settled on Men In Black III. I will be honest with you, I have only seen the first installment of the trilogy and was quite skeptical going for the third. I thought the first was very "kidsie".

The movie is directed by Barry Sonnefield who has brought you the other two Men In Black films and both Adams Family movies. It also stars Will Smith, Tommy Lee Jones and Josh Brolin (Brand from Goonies!).

 The escape of Boris the Animal from a lock down prison located on the moon, allows him the chance to travel back in time to change the course of events that cost him 40 years in the Max security Pen. This also gives him a chance for vengeance against the man who put him away, Agent K. Josh Brolin plays a stellar younger version of Agent K and absolutely nails Tommy Lee Jones voice. I questioned a voice over was being used for the first few minutes he appears in the film. It's that good. Most the movie takes place in 1969 and layers the youth of both Agent K (TL Jones) and Agent J (W Smith) with some interesting revelations of what shaped them into the characters they become in present day. The fast pace, clever humor and well timed action scenes in the film left me impressed. The plane actually landed in Detroit and I remained seated and watched the remaining five minutes after all the passengers had left the plane.

If you are lloking for a fun ride with with some solid acting, I reccomend this movie.

Improvements: This was launcehed as a must see 3D film when it came out in theatres. You can tell it would have made absolutely no impact in 3D. Please stop marketing 3D for films that really don't call for it.

1-10: 7

SRC


No comments:

Post a Comment