Thursday, January 3, 2013

Django Unchained

Christmas day brought me lots of joy. So nice to be with loved ones and much to be thankful for. As the day came to a close and I laid down to rest that night, I had a hard time sleeping. I felt myself tossing and turning. What could it be that I'm missing? And then it hit me.. Djanjo Unchained! I raced to the theater the next day more quickly than a kid running downstairs to see if Santa came. Santa came this year alright. In the form Quentin Tarantino's seventh film, Djanjo Unchained.

This spaghetti-western movie stars Jamie Foxx as Django, a black slave who is confronted by a Dentist turned Bounty Hunter named Dr. King Schultz (Christoph Waltz) in order to help him locate some outlaws who are next on Dr. Shultz' Bounty hit list. Dr. Shultz takes a liking to Django's bravado and eventually they team up as Bounty partners. Django's ultimate desire is to reunite with his slave wife Broomhilda ( Kerry Washington) who was sold to the Candieland plantation in Mississippi. Candieland is owned by the condescending Calvin Candie (Dicaprio), who thrives on watching slaves fight to the death in a Mandingo sport. Dr. Shultz makes a king move in helping Django reunite with his wife; his plan is to go to Candieland and for him and Django to pretend to be Mandingo aficionados in order to scheme a method to buy off Broomhilda from Calvin Candie. 

I always appreciate Tarantino's use of music in film. He does not disappoint in his newest installment. The way he can let a track play while setting up the plot without dialogue is a gift very few directors know how to do tastefully . Tarantino is a true master at this

Save $20.00 bucks, go to the theater  buy a popcorn and go see this one. It's great for the big screen and you will enjoy.

Improvements: Nothing I can think of. In fact, Rick Ross has a song on the song track for the movie, Black Coffins. Grab it from ITunes..good tune. 

1-10: 10

SRC




No comments:

Post a Comment