Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sleepless Night (Nuit blanche)

This week I am traveling for business. When I am on the plane I don't mind watching foreign films.  This gave a me a chance to check out the French action flick Sleepless night. The movie came out in 2011 but I had heard from a few people that it was a solid flick.

Vincent is a police lieutenant who also does some side work as a drug mule. A drop-off goes bad and the coke gets stuck with Vincent. The next day his son is kidnapped by the Kingpin Jose Marciano who also happens to own a massive nightclub. Going to retrieve his son, a pair of cops are also on his tail to stir things up, followed by the criminals who are on the receiving end of the cocaine trade-off gone wrong.

The film mostly takes place in the enormous nightclub and is a clever concept, well done in my opinion  The action is intense and reminds me of scenes out of Jason Statham (Transporter, Snatch) movie. The plot also takes several turns and by the end, it leaves you guessing who is really the good guy here.

It is in subtitles and unless that stuff really doesn't bother you, skip it.

Improvements: I mean several people were killed in the club. Gun shots all over the place. The kitchen gets destroyed on two occasions and no one ever leaves the club. Everybody just keeps dancing as machine guns are blasting everywhere. I am thinking in real life, that may cause a panic.


1-10: 6

SRC





No comments:

Post a Comment