Saturday, January 12, 2013

Les Miserables

So I made a deal with my girlfriend; if we go see Djanjo Unchained, I would take her to see Les Miserable a few weeks later. That day came last night. Do you remember when you were in middle school and your history teacher calls out sick. You get a substitute teacher in class that says we are going to watch a movie about the French Revolution? It was like that, except you had to pay for it and imagine the weather outside the class room being 85 degrees and it's the last day of school.. I mean I wanted to kill myself. The movie is 157 minutes long. I must have looked at my watch 40 times.

Look Jean Valjean (Jackman) is one hell of a guy, ok. I mean he gets butt slammed for 15 years in prison for stealing some bread and then escapes under the watchful eye of Russell Crowe. He takes a life of shit and turns it into good. He's a Saint, I get it. But I guess i'm not in touch with my inner being or perhaps not mature enough to handle such a "masterpiece". I would have rather sat through Scary Movie 16. 

Hugh Jackman does a great job and is up for best picture. Give it to him and lets move on. 
Ann Hathaway does not. Plain and simple. (please see photo below. Picture 157 minutes of this..)

Improvements: Russell Crowe sucks.

Les Miserable = Shane Cassidy

1-10: 3

SRC




1 comment:

  1. I think this is a brilliant masterpiece and your portrayal of this movie disappoints me. So the movie is a still frame of Anne Hathaway? The truth is you hide behind the shadows of the media driven male perspective. And not how you truly feel.

    ReplyDelete